The worldís most successful people wear a lot of hats, because thatís what it takes to form a business, scale a brand and keep up with your personal life. How do these people stay so productive? They make sure to always be organized. Here are a handful of ways that you can become organized, too.
1. Organize your time. One of the most precious resources we have is time. By keeping track of your daily schedule, you can make sure youíre spending enough time on the things that matter and spending minimal time or outsourcing less important tasks. Whether you use an old school planner or various mobile apps, find a scheduler that works for you.
2. Keep your e-mail organized. Develop a system to ensure that your inbox never gets out of hand. By setting up filters and folders, unsubscribing from unimportant newsletters, and using tools like Boomerang to schedule outgoing and incoming mail, you can keep your e-mail account in tip top shape.
3. Some of the most successful leaders, professionals and entrepreneurs, like Robert Bratt, lead extremely busy lives. One golden rule many of them follow is to organize their mornings. Do whatever it takes to put you in an organized mindset, which may include making your bed, eating a healthy breakfast, or already having your phone charged.
4. Keep your desk clear and neat. Desk clutter can seriously zap your energy and make it difficult to focus. Make it a point to clear off your desk every morning or evening. If you have a pile of things to go through, designate one day a week to tackle it.
5. Just as you organize your desk, organize your workspace, whether itís a cubicle, home office or hotel room. Wherever youíre working from, keep it organized and clutter-free.
6. Prioritize the things that are most important. Then, spread out less important things throughout the week or get rid of them completely. One major key to being organized is knowing what needs to be organized and what isnít necessary. This holds true for everything from works tasks to your personal life.
7. Plan as much as possible in advance. Deciding what youíre going to do for the day, week, month and year ahead will make it much easier to stay on track. Plus, if something changes, youíll already have a schedule that you can easily tweak. When everything is written down, itís easier to plan ahead.
8. Always make sure to set aside time in the evening. You should utilize your evenings to prepare for the following day and to unwind so that youíre refreshed the next morning.
Nobody is born an organized person. The only way to become organized is by building solid, effective habits over time. Also, make sure to set aside time for yourself to truly strike a great balance. Being organized isnít about achieving perfection, but instead about limiting stress and clutter, saving time and moving forward.